Monday, January 17, 2011

Email Training is a must

I had a tough time getting my message across to my team more often than not. Not just that I even ran into trouble with a client of mine and my boss. Whoa! What a day that was, a perfect nightmare and the credit go to the way I had written my mails. Like everyone else I used to think that I do not need email training that it is for the novices, who aren’t used to writing mails. But I was so wrong, and I had to burn my fingers to realize that. Email training- important it is.

I still can recall that incident where my team and I had to finish a number of projects at a time. During those couple of days I must have bombarded their mail boxes with emails pertaining to these projects. Technically we were working for a mother project which had a few subdivisions to it, each subdivision or rather sub-project had a name to it. I kept sending too many information in single mail and regarding different sub-projects with the same subject line that read the name of the main project only, in the bargain very important information was missed and we ended up doing a blunder. I realized that it was my mistake; I had not classified the important information under appropriate heading.

After the mayhem I immediately enrolled myself for an email training program. As they discussed the aspects or the topics they would cover in the email training I realized that we, on a day to day basis do not even pay attention to these finer nuances of composing emails, which make a world of a difference if you incorporate these tips.

Email training sessions are interactive and fun. They discuss case studies and examples of good and bad emails. The best part is, in email training you are made to discuss and provide solutions to various situations that went bad due to miscommunication, but at a hind sight it’s easy to come up with remedies, when you are in the situation you tend to overlook these finer aspects. That is why it is extremely important that we attend email training sessions to draw our attention to some of the basics in drafting emails.

I would strongly recommend attending an email training session to every professional. It is so important, it would change the way you write emails. Email training really helps in composing not just effective emails but also the right way of drafting various emails. Thinkproductive from UK was the training provider for us, they are very good. Their approach and the way they conduct email training sessions are fantastic. Interactive and focused. You can visit their website for more information thinkproductive.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment