Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Personal Best Peak Flow Meter – An ideal device for monitoring asthma

I wondered what is a personal besk peak flow meter when I came across this device while surfing for some medical supplies online. It sounded quite different to me, so I did a search immediately and learned what it is used for. Some guides helped in knowing the work flow and benefits of a personal best peak flow meter and after knowing the merits of this medical equipment I thought should own one but was not sure whether it would fall under my budget. I checked out the price details at ojmedical, where I usually buy medical supplies from and it was quite reasonable, so placed an order the same day.

The pack I received had a personal best peak flow meter and an instruction & daily record book accompanied it. First I decided to see if my daughter has the symptoms of asthma flare-up, and the instruction manual was of great use, I simply followed its directions. The color coding in the device, which resembled a traffic signal, made my job even easier and I marked the readings on the record book to see whether her breathing is proper, I was relived to see the table reflecting normal breathing. Though not an ideal tool for diagnosing asthma, I would suggest it to you because better monitoring of asthma could be done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment